The syllabus requires you to:
- Describe the ways in which software houses provide user support,
- relating these to cost and package credibility.
- Describe the range of user support options available with industry standard packages. These could include:
- existing user base,
- support articles,
- specialist bulletin boards,
- communications systems,
- Select and justify an appropriate user support system for a particular context.
- Explain the need for different levels of documentation related to user and task.
- Explain the need for different levels of training related to user and task.
- Understand the need for continual skill updating and refreshing.
- Describe the methods by which users can gain expertise in software use and discuss the relative merits.
- Understand the need to develop training strategies to respond to growing user awareness.
- Do the exercise and questions at the end of Chapter 48 of the textbook.